It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Aims and objectives
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school.
- Engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school.
- Is practical and smart.
- Identifies the children with the school.
- Prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes that could be distracting in class.
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance.
- Is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents.
- Is designed with health and safety in mind.
The Headteacher at The Royal School will respect variations to our school uniform if they are directly related to established religious or cultural traditions. However, any variation will be dealt with on an individual basis and judgements will remain at the discretion of the Headteacher.